samedi 29 octobre 2016

Book Review #4: This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

Hey Nerds!! I'm finally back !! Sorry, (Again) for the lack of posts I'm so busy and honestly, I haven't read a lot of books recently...
Today, I'm doing a spoiler free and a quick review about my last read.

                                


This savage song V.E Schwab (Monsters of verity #1)
Genre: Fantasy, Young adult, Paranormal
Pages: 464
Format: Hardcover
My rating: 3.5 stars


Why I read this book: Mainly because, I want to get into V.E Schwab' books because I heard so many good things about her writing in the booktube community. So, I decided to start reading her latest release.

For those who don't know this book is: About two teens in a broken world, where violent acts start breeding actual monsters. Some are shadows with teeth that feed on flesh and bone. Some are corpses that feed on blood. And some can pass for human. Those rare creatures feed on souls.
It’s the story of Kate Harker, the only daughter of a crime boss, and August Flynn, the son of a man trying to hold his city together. Kate is a human who wants to be a monster, and August a monster who wishes he were human.

My Opinion:
Okay, let's start with
⭐️the writing is incredible
⭐️The world is unique
⭐️The characters are also unique
⭐️What I also liked that Victoria has no interest in the romance between the two main characters (which is very rare in YA literature)

But It took me about 50 pages to get into the book and there was some ups and downs... I was bored in some chapters.... I didn't know what the book is about!?! What kind of monsters!?! And world they are living in !?! I WAS CONFUSED THE WHOLE TIME
Honestly, I was a bit (I said a bit ) disappointed I thought it was going to be a 5 stars read...I think this book is over hyped...

Will I read the next book??
Yes, sure. 
I will definitely reread this book one day when I will have time to understand it more.
And I want to add something...maybe one of the reasons that I kinda disliked the book (I actually enjoyed the book 3.5 stars is a good rate !!) because I was on a reading slump. It's the first (big) book that I read in months.



That's it for Today, Nerds. Hopefully you understood me I have a mixed feelings and thoughts about but overall I can say that it's one of my favorite read this year.
Comment down below...
Did you read it?
Did you like it ?
Just feel free to comment....



                                  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire