samedi 12 novembre 2016

Book Review #5: Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (The dark artifice book 1)

Hey Nerds!!! Today I'm back with a review of my favorite book of the year...It's Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare !!!



A little disclaimer before getting started: I wrote this review right after reading the book. So, If there's some many OMGs and WTFs sorry because I can't stop fangirling and also this review contains 2 sections one spoiler free and the other full of spoilers for those who read or haven't read the book yet. 


                           S P O I L E R  F R E E


Lady midnight by Cassandra Clare
Series: The dark Artifice #1
Genre : Action& Adventure, Family, Fantasy, Fantasy& magic, Fiction, Friendship, Love& Romance, Siblings, Young adult
Pages: 720
Format: Hardcover
5 stars 
Synopsis:

"The Shadowhunters of Los Angeles star in the first novel in Cassandra Clare’s newest series, The Dark Artifices, a sequel to the internationally bestselling Mortal Instruments series. Lady Midnight is a Shadowhunters novel.
It’s been five years since the events of City of Heavenly Fire that brought the Shadowhunters to the brink of oblivion. Emma Carstairs is no longer a child in mourning, but a young woman bent on discovering what killed her parents and avenging her losses.
Together with her parabatai Julian Blackthorn, Emma must learn to trust her head and her heart as she investigates a demonic plot that stretches across Los Angeles, from the Sunset Strip to the enchanted sea that pounds the beaches of Santa Monica. If only her heart didn’t lead her in treacherous directions…
Making things even more complicated, Julian’s brother Mark—who was captured by the faeries five years ago—has been returned as a bargaining chip. The faeries are desperate to find out who is murdering their kind—and they need the Shadowhunters’ help to do it. But time works differently in faerie, so Mark has barely aged and doesn’t recognize his family. Can he ever truly return to them? Will the faeries really allow it?
Glitz, glamours, and Shadowhunters abound in this heartrending opening to Cassandra Clare’s Dark Artifices series."

Why I read this book:
I love Cassandra Clare' books and the word that she created. And I'm always looking forward to read more about even tho I'm totally fine with the end of City of heavenly fire.

PLOT AND Other stuff:
Lady midnight is the first book in the dark artifice trilogy.
This book take place 5 years after the event of City of heavenly fire (The last book in the metal instruments series) 
In this book we follow Emma carstairs the descendent of Jem carstairs she already knows about the Shadowhunters. She's a Shadowhunter. She lives with her parbatai Julian blackthorn and the rest of his siblings in the L.A institute together. They are solving the murders. I really don't want to say more because I don't want to spoil you. 
Go read the book blindly it's better!
And if you're wondering should I read lady midnight first?? No you have to read the books by they publishing order to understand what happened to emma' parents what's the cold peace even if lady midnight is way better than the mortal instruments or the infernal devices (my opinion).

The Mortal Instruments Book 1: City of Bones 
The Mortal Instruments Book 2: City of Ashes 
The Mortal Instruments Book 3: City of Glass
And also don't forget to reading the Shadowhunter Academy. It's a collection of novellas that only available as an ebook. I don't when the book will came but YOU HAVE TO READ IT.

This book was so good this is my second favorite Cassandra clare book. My all time favorite is clockwork princess. There's a big improvement in Cassandra Clare's writing style the world building, character development EVERYTHING. 
I read the whole Shadowhunters chronicles this winter and I saw how she's getting better and better.
 I just want to say if you read City of Bones and you stopped reading the series because of the plot twists at the end or the romance between clary and jace I highly recommend you to continue and you will see the deference.


The characters in lady midnight are so different from the character of The Mortal Instruments.
 The characters in the Mortal Instruments are perfect, heroes, they are born to be legends the characters in Lady Midnight are just regular Shadowhunters a lot people say that Emma carstairs is the female version of jace but I think she's not. 
She's strong, She train a lot and I really like her more than Clary (btw I hate clary she's so annoying)

And Julian or Jules "whatever" he's INCREDIBLE !!!! he left brotherhood to become a parent !!! The way he take of his brothers and sisters at 12 years old !!!
Oh my God!! It's so cute.

                           

We have the rest of the Blackthorn I still don't know their name. They kinda reminds me of the Weasleys.
My favorite is the one who is obsessed with Sherlock and there's a lot of new characters and I love how the characters from TMI and TID became side characters and of course you're reading a Cassandra Clare book so get ready for plot twists and turns !!

Finally, I want to say that I really enjoyed every second reading this book that my favorite Start of a series and that's also my favorite 2016 book so far!!



                                               S P O I L E R S

I really don't know how to start my spoilers section. The book is so huge and I cannot talk about every single page but let's start with the plot twists at the end.

In the beginning I thought that maybe Dianna the tutor is behind all these murders but I also thought that Cassandra Clare will not repeat the same thing: tutor, betrayal ...
I am talking about hodge in The City of bones or maybe Cristina in the beginning I couldn't trust her but now she's one of my favorite characters I wish if I had a friend like her !!

I was surprised when they found out that is the highest warlock of L.A but I really feel so bad for Malcom because it's the clave's problem and I love how Cassandra Clare connect Allen Poe's Annabel lee poem with Malcom story Annabel lee is in reality Annabel blackthorn and that epilogue when Annabel opened her eyes in the coffin hopefully I won't have nightmares after reading that.

And after we found about kit is a HERONDALE  not just a Shadowhunter but THE LOST HERONDALE.

                                

If you read tales of Shadowhunter academy I am sure you understood what I mean if you read Tales of Shadowhunters Academy. 
If you haven't read these novellas GO READ IT. They are about Simon and characters from TID (Will and Tessa and James Herondale that cutie pie xD) but seriously guys Cassandra Clare is the queen of plot twists I didn't see that coming AT ALLLLLLLLLLL. 


And then we meet Tessa and Jem and do you what I was waiting for?? DO YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR ?!!!!!?????!!!!!! I was waiting for Jem and tessa' son Will Carstair PLEASE tell that I am not the only one who through about that..... 

Finally, in the last chapter after 700 pages we discovered why parbatai can't fall in love !! And  I don't know how Emma killed Malcom without knowing the truth if it was me I prefer dying than not knowing the truth so please let's take a moment to thank Jem for that

So yeah Jem told Emma about the secret and I have felling that there's another secret another reason for that and then Tessa came and she said to Emma that she has to leave julian....
Why Tessa WHYYYYY what have I done to you to make me suffer?? You married will you married Jem you're immortal I love you Tessa but why you ruined my life !!!!!!
WHYYYYY Cassie CASSIE, DO YOU ENJOY HURTING US READERS?

                               
okay let's take a deep breath and finally we have SIZZY engagement party and all our ships reunited SIZZY CLACE MALEC speaking of MALEC have you heard about Cassandra Clare's adult trilogy about Magnus bane ?? 
And then Jace is proposing to Clary. I am not a huge fan of CLACE but I liked that  part so that's it for today thank you for listening to me I can talk hours and hours about this book.



I'm sure that I forgot to talk about some scenes and characters... Comment down below your thoughts, opinions, favorite part !?! JUST FELL FREE TO COMMENT...
Bye...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire