vendredi 1 juillet 2016

June Reads

Hello everybody !!! Today, I am doing my June Wrap up. So, I will show all the books that I read last month. June was the worst reading month that I had this year. I was planning to read 10 books, listen to audiobooks, read books of new authors but unfortunately I ended up on the BIGGEST reading slump in my life plus it's for the first time ........
                           



I started my month with reading The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Adieh.  I though I  will read just few pages and if I like it I will buy a physical copy but the book was so amazing that I finished reading it in just one sitting and of course I read the sequel and the novellas.
First of all, The Wrath & The Dawn is a duology:
It's a retelling of Arabian nights and as I said the duology is not just amazing but phenomenal. It's my favorite read this year so far. It's about Shahrzad who  volunteers to become the next bride of King Khalid even knowing that her life will be forfeit. Every day he marries a different girl and she is dead by morning. Shahrzad’s friend Shiva has already died at his hand. Shahrzad has sworn that she will avenge her friend’s death.
but she discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all.
Again, I absoulttly fall in love with the story from the first line. I loved Renee Adieh's writing style and I will definitely read her books in the future.
I also read The moth & The flame : It's about 2 characters from the duology....I won't say their names because I will spoil the people who haven't read it yet but I haven't read the other two novellas because if one day I miss the world, the characters I can go back and read The Mirror and The Maze or The Crown & The Arrow.

         



I started reading Passenger by Alexandra Bracken....well, I started reading it because I love historical fiction / Time travel type of books.....Unfortunetly I didn't like it: Bracken's writing style is so complicate , the chapters are so long (I hate long chapters) ,The main character is such a fool and I haven't understood the way they travel......So I decided to take a break from and start a binge watching some tv shows....and the reading slump started.......


I know I am a book blogger I am supposed to talk only about books but I started a tv show that is so good and addictive and I haven't found someone to talk about.....It's Reign !!!!!!
I talked about it on my last post but that's okay I will repeat until one of my reader go and watch the trailer AT LEAST!!!

Reign is an American historical fantasy romance television series following the early years of Mary, Queen of Scots living in France. If you love historical fiction, stories about queen, betrayal........ all that stuff you will absolutely love it !!!!!!!!! YOU CANNOT BELIVE HOW MUCH THE SHOW IS ADDICTIVE .....
This is the trailer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX7e0IlLucs



Okay let's go back to Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. As I said, I didn't like it maybe because I was so obesssed with the tv show that I couldn't  focus on it but I will reread it soon.....


After that,  I remembered that Cress by Marissa Meyer has been sitting on my shelf for a while now.....So, I read it: First of all, Cress is the 3rd book in the lunar chronicles series. This one is the retelling of Repunzel!!!! I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! and I am sure that is my favorite in the whole series not just because the book is sooooo good but it's a retelling of my favorite princesse of all time.

         

Then, I started watching supernatural....I am talking about tv shows....AGAIN.....SORRY.....between If you want me to do some tv shows reviews COMMENT DOWN BELOW.....I watched a lot of good shows.
I wanted to watch it for so long now but I am always busy!!!!!! I know you are saying that the show started 11 years ago !!!!! 11 YEARS AND YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO WATCH 40 MINUTES EPISODE !!!!! The show started when I was a little girl and I get scared easily and Now, I am 16 years old and I still get scared easily :P
All I want to say that the show is SoOoOoOoOoO GoOoOoOoOd thank you @booklover for introducing me to this awesomeness !!!! Seriously, I don't know what to do when the show will end !!!! these two dumb people really ruined my life but I like them.




And now, I'm reading Anna and the french kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I am not huge fan of contemporary books but this series is definitely my favorite. It's about Anna Oliphant in her senior year of high school. Except, she's not graduating at her school in Atlanta. She's at SOAP: ­ the School of America in Paris. While Anna struggles to master the language and continue her film review blog, she finds herself falling head over heels for Etienne St. Clair who just so happens to have a girlfriend.Trust me guys This book changed my view on YA contemporary novels. How?? Why??? I will upload a review soon.






Finally, All I want to say that even I was on reading slump I managed to read 5 and a half book ?!? but I also discovered new tv shows like Reign or Supernatural .
Hope you guys like it !!!! Thanks for reading !!!! How was your reading month???? and see next time........
                                                                                                          XOXO,Aicha

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire