lundi 27 juin 2016

Book Review #1: Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

Hello everyone!! Today I am doing a mini spoiler free review of the hidden oracle by Rick Riordan.

Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan 
Series: Trials of Apollo  #1 
Genres:Mytology, Fantasy,Young adult,Middle grade,Adventure,Fiction,Urban fantasy,Greek mythology
Pages: 376
Format: EPub 
 4.5 stars 


                                                       
How do you punish an immortal? By making him human. After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus's favor. But Apollo has many enemies—gods, monsters, and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.

                                                                *************************
So,the hidden oracle is the first book in a new Rick riordan's series called trials of Apollo it takes place after the event of blood of Olympus and in this book we follow Apollo the God of the sun and archery and music: Zeus his father punished him and turned him into a 16 years old teenager. He woke up in a New York dumpster, with some help from a certain Demi God, he gets to Camp Half Blood. But things aren't very good at CHB since Campers are going missing and so are the Oracles. 
Apollo knows the only way to become a God again he will have to do some trails and Quests.
So if you're wondering should I read Hidden Oracle before reading the other books (Percy jackson and the olympians or Heroes of olympus), of course, I recommend you to read  them in their publishing order to understand more what's happening and to avoid spoilers but if you're excited to read hidden oracle than read. I remember when I first start reading the Percy Jackson series I read the Titan curse and than the last book the Last Olympian because I haven't found a physical copy of book 4 (Battle of the labyrinth)I still don't know what happened in that book!!!! 



*I forgot to tell you that I am huge fan of the world the characters. Basically,it's one of my favorite series of all time*






                                         ********************
When I heard about this book I was so exited not just because it takes place in one of my favorite worlds but also Apollo is my favorite Greek god and reading  a book about his point of view is just amazing!!!

So,as I said Rick Riordan did it again I loved this book I gave it 4.5/5 stars: Reading this from the point of Apollo was so amazing he's so hilarious and funny I couldn't stop laughing the whole book sometimes He's annoying but I wasn't annoyed at all.

I love how camp half blood look now after the event of heros of Olympus series it's very different there's new Demi Gods, new games and I loved how the main characters in heroes of Olympus became the side  characters in this book.

Speaking of characters we have a lot of new  ones and we also meet our old beloved  characters and new ships ;)

all I have to say that's a very good start for a series go read it you won't disappointed!!!

that's it for today comment down below have you read it or not ? What's your thoughts and opinions about it?BYE SEE YOU NEXT TIME...
                                XOXO,Aicha


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire