mercredi 3 août 2016

Book review #2: Harry Potter and the cursed child by J. K. Rowling,JackThorne and John Tiffany


                               


Hello Everybody!! I'm so exited for Today's post ( I know...I know...I said it in every post ) I'm doing the REVIEW OF THE 8TH HARRRRY POTTERRRR BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               

                                  ( Ahh becky!!!! )



Harry Potter and the cursed child by J.K.Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany
Series: Harry potter  #8
Genres: Play, Fantasy,Adventure,Fiction,Urban fantasy
Pages: 320
Format: PDF
 5 stars 

"Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. The play will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on July 30, 2016.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places."





                 

If you haven't heard about this book I got to ask you my famous question.... 

                                   

Basically, It took place 19 years after the event of deathly hallows.
In which we follow the main character Albus Severus potter as known as Harry's child but Let's start from the beginning, When I first heard about this book I was at the same time EXCITED and a little bit upset: I was happy simply because IT'S A NEW FREAKING HARRY POTTER BOOOOK !!!!!!!!! I'm sad when I heard that it's the script of the play and I'm not a friend with plays.
Most of the plays I read are for school and they are so annoying and short ..... Never mind..... I ended up by reading it because everybody is talking about......and I'm a potterhead !!!! OF COURSE I WILL READ IT !!!!


The book came out 31 of july AKA Harry Potter's birthday AKA J.K.Rowling's birthday AKA the day that the fandom exploded...I saw lunch parties on youtube, Potterheads holding the book, reading it together....... I couldn't resist.....So....I read it......

Overall thought:
It was AMAZING!! (Between I read in just one sitting and that's very rare for me because I'm a slow reader) I cried!! I laughed while reading!! It was such a beautiful journey. 
We get to meet all these characters that I loved them more than everything again!!! New ones like Albus and Scropuis that I love so much !! We relived our best and worst memory!! It was pretty emotional read! I Even hugged the book after reading it !!

I think that's for the non spoiler section!! Go read it if you're a fan of the Harry Potter books or even you're not !! It's different from the orther books because it's a different format and then join me to discuss about!!

                                


Hello spoilers people!! 

This book starts right when we left off. First, we found a Ginny and Harry as husband and wife Taking their children to the platform at king's cross. James is starting his second year and Albus Severus potter who was named after Albus Dumbeldor and Severus is nervous about the sorting hat. 

When I read the epilogue at deathly Hollows, I have never thought that Albus will end up in Slytherin !!! It was a BEAUTIFUL surprise!!! And Guess what!?! It changed my opinion on what Hogwart house That I want to be in !!! When I was young I always wanted to be a brave Gryfindor student but then I realized that I'm not brave enough so I decided to be Hufflepuff And after writing this review I will do the sorting hat thing on Pottermore.com I hope that I will end up in Gryfindor or Hufflepuff or Slytherin but not Ravenclaw that house is so boring and annoying!!! Sorry Ravenclaw student !

Never mind. Then we found the rest of the trio and their children rose and we also meet scorpius Drago malfoy's son. I couldn't help but get emotional. Going to that world and meeting my favorite characters in a different life. Harry is head of magical law enforcement and Hermione is the minister of magic ( I'M SO PROUD OF HER) and Ron runs the Jokes shop of his brothers.

Let's talk about the characters: 

Albus who is having a hard time getting with his father and the people around him because he feels pressured to be the son of the boy who lived. 
Plus, the fact that he's Slytherin and his friends with scorpius who is according the rumors Voldemort's son and can we take a moment to appreciate scorpius he's so geek and adorable and awkward. He's my favorite character in whole book. I loved their relationship so much. They compliment each other and I think their relationship more than The one between Harry and Ron . I wish they will add Rose with them , so, they will be the next trio and can we take another moment to appreciate rose The wonderful complish of Hermione.
And Draco OMG he's like a different person !! his concern about his son's safety. 
It's just so cute.


The story is all about the time turner which I think it's a brilliant idea because we get to meet our old/dead characters again like snape and speaking of snape : On one of their time travelling adventures, Albus and Scorpius met Snape. That was for me the most memorable part of this book. When Snape helped Scorpius escaped and he said: “Tell Albus – tell Albus Severus – I’m proud he carries my name.” That’s really the part that hit me the most. I reread it thousand times and I cried so hard.  Or there's that part at the end of the book when Harry and the other watching Voldemort killing his parents it made me very emotional,too.


I think that's it for today !! Hope you enjoyed the review. I always hate doing reviews because I'm not very good at that. But one more thing before leaving. I heard a lot of people didn't liked the book as much as the other books they think  it's like a a fanfic and it's better seen on live. 
I thinks it's understandable because we were used to read at least 300 pages, long chapters and more details I was a bit disappointed at the beginning but then I remembered that I have no chance to go and see it in theater!!! 

As I said in the beginning This book is definitely a must read to all Harry Potter fans. If you're expecting it to be exactly like the other books you're completely wrong but it's full of twists and turns, drama and humor that I really enjoyed. It has strong themes about family and friendship that will remind you why you are a Harry Potter fan. This is one of the few books that I hugged after finishing it. 
PS:Harry Potter is over....
but....
                

Again hope you guys like it what do you think about this book did you enjoy it??? What's your favorite parts??! 

                                        



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire