samedi 1 octobre 2016

Book Review #3: Dorothy must die by Dannielle Paige




                       


Hey nerds!!! You cannot believe how much I missed writing here!!! I'M FINALY BACKK!!! 

Sorry, I was so busy last month this is why I'm back with an old book review but I just updated little bit.
 If you have following me since I started blogging you already know that I posted the review of  Dorothy must die by Danielle paige a while a go.
I decided to reposted because it's the first day of October that mean HALLOWEEN SEASON !!! and if you're looking for a great Halloween read I highly recommend you to read this trilogy without further ado let's get started....

Dorothy must die by Danielle Paige
Series: Dorothy must die #1 
Genre: Fantasy, Young adult, Retelling, Fiction
Pages:452 pages 
Format: Paperback
Synopsis:
"I didn’t ask for any of this.
I didn’t ask to be some kind of hero.
But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado – taking you with it – you have no choice but to go along, you know?
Sure, I’ve read the books. I’ve seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little bluebirds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can’t be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There’s still a yellow brick road—but even that’s crumbling.
What happened? Dorothy.
They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe.
My name is Amy Gumm – and I’m the other girl from Kansas.
I’ve been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked.
I’ve been trained to fight.
And I have a mission: DOROTHY MUST DIE "
Rating: 5 stars

I am pretty sure you understand the synopsis of this books but okay I will explain more: Dorothy must die is the first book in the Dorothy must die trilogy,the second book wicked will rise and finally yellow brick war and there's also some novellas and short stories.

                         

                             



So,this book is about Amy Gumm is just a girl from Kansas. Then, one day, a tornado hits her home and Amy is swept away to Oz. But , it's not the Oz she's read about, this Oz has no cheerful munchkins or joyful parades; here in Oz Dorothy rules.Torture, imprisonment and evil punishments are all Amy finds in this new, version of the magical land she knew as a child. She's been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked with one mission: Dorothy must die.



The main reason  that I pick out this book and I read it so quickly it's because I love the books and I am obsessed with the movies since I was a child!!! OMG YOU CANNOT BELIVE HOW MUCH I LOVE  Dorothy,the wizard, the yellow brick road I wish I could live in that world .... OKAY !! I have to stop fangirling over OZ .



let's talk about the characters:
Amy Gumm : a pink-haired school outsider from a trailer park in Kansas with a dead-beat dad and a junkie mom, but, She's very brave and funny!?! I really enjoyed reading the book from her point a view !! and she's very different from other YA females character (katniss , Tris ....) 
Because she's just regular teenager an unpopular high school student ..... And OMG you have to see her in action scenes!!!!! and also I pictured Amy as Chloe Moretz or Taissa Farmiga  : I think both of these actress  could play the role of  that character well.


                 

Let's talk about the plot :
when I first started reading the book I though that it's a retelling of the wizard of Oz (like cinder but not a futuristic retelling..) but yeah it was a retelling of the wizard of oz but it was full of twists.....in which Dorothy is evil and the wicked witches are good and good witches are wicked : 
              Wicked is good 
              Good is wicked

I know it sounds crazy and bizarre but it was so addictive, it blew me away on so many different levels. Dorothy was a monster. A completely terrifying, sweet-talking, party-obsessed, mean, creepy monster. She is the queen of evil characters in YA. She's the ultimate mean girl. 

                            


That's it for today, I know this a review is a mess I wrote it when I first start blogging, but, I promise I will be back as soon as I can in a fresh new post. Bye, Nerds

PS: there's a booktube channel called Epic reads they posted a trailer for this book go watch it if you're interested Click here.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire